Last week we ran out of milk and had none from breakfast so I went to one of our local supermarkets, they were giving out free bunches of flowers to everyone doing their shopping, it brightened my morning and my kitchen, over a week later and they are still going strong. Their golden colours brighten my kitchen on grey summer days like today.
The highlight of my morning is my breakfast, I love having time to enjoy it. I normally try to take nearly an hour for breakfast, having porridge everyday, a bucket of coffee and something to read.
- There is no place like home.
- That all those little things that bug you about your home can start to be sorted when you don’t have to go to work 5 days a week.
- That it was very hard to work 34 days straight with only an hour or two on a Sunday afternoon off.
- That you will work harder at home and do longer hours but it’s so nice.
- That M&S do the most comfy bras I have ever worn.
- That I miss blogging everyday and might just start again next week
What have you learned this week ?
” Say yes to new adventures” – unknown
” The key to success is to start before you are ready ” – Marie Forleo
While I was cleaning the car today, which is the worst job ever and took me an hour, I got a very exciting phone call. There is a new Women’s magazine launching at the end of September. It will be called Life Plus and I have been giving the task of writing a monthly piece for it all about slow living, I can’t believe it! . I am nervous and excited in equal measure, I have only ever written for you guys and now what I write will be online somewhere else and eventually in print, in a real shop!.
So over the next few weeks I will be settling down and writing my first three pieces, can you believe it ? little old me getting a chance like this. I will keep you guys posted on when it’s out so you can all give it a look.
We all have times when we read something and it just clicks with us, it inspires us to be better, worry less or gives us that aha moment. Some times they even motivate us to start doing something we always wanted to do. When I find these little jems when I am reading I write them into a little note book I have.
Here are a couple of my favourite’s to inspire and motivate this Wednesday.
“ The cure for anything is saltwater – sweat, tears or the sea ” – Isak Dinesen.
” The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life ” – William Morris.
” If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you are ” – Mya Angelou
” We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated ” – Mya Angelou
” Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do ” – Oprah Winfrey
What or whose words inspire you ?
- Getting time on the farm is always good.
- My baby calves from December are getting big.
- Having holidays are nice even if you just stay at home.
- A surprise email can make your day.
- Kids don’t need fancy gadgets or the latest toys to be happy.
- Getting a new bed can be like winning the lotto.
- There are never enough clean cups.
- I need to start wearing sun cream on my face.
- If you are stressed it will eventually just boil over.
- Five minutes sitting in the sun reading a good book is really nice.
- Spending less time on social media is also nice and I am not missing it yet.
- If there is chocolate in the house I am going to eat it.
How has your week been? Happy Easter everyone.