This is one of my favourite times of year, I get the chance to be off for the school summer holidays. It’s so nice to be at home full time for these few weeks, all those jobs around the house and yard that have been bothering me can now be sorted or at least a plan put in place to get them sorted. So today I have had my first full week off and what a busy week it was, from pony camp to going back riding blue and pulling ragwort, cleaning out a huge bookshelf to trying to clean the whole place inside and out, helping with sheep and mucking out, I possibly didn’t spread out the work enough and wore myself out.
It was lovely to be able to get up and take my time over breakfast, to be able to turn off the alarm that tells me I need to get ready for work and to have time to go watch Sid play because I am not against the clock from morning till night. Now in saying that last week was a very busy, stressful and tiring week and it was because I did too much all at once. I felt angry when I didn’t reach on everything I wanted to do (i wasn’t thinking I have 9 weeks off) and that hadn’t been happening since I started setting my three jobs a day, it made me much more content and productive so this week it’s back to my three goals.
So how I have planned my week this week is I have set three goals that have to be done at some stage this week, they are to write my first three pieces for the new magazine and send them to the editor, strim all the weeds and long grass out of the paddock at the front of the house and strim around the house as well and to get my hair colour done for a wedding I have on Saturday. Then each day I have a list of three jobs that need to be done that day with extra jobs listed if I get the first three done. I have found this for me makes my life seem so much easier, makes me feel that I am getting what I need to get done everyday and if I get more than the three done its a bonus, I also know at the end of the week I will have reached every target I set myself and that’s a really good feeling.
So that’s the plan for this week, how do you organise your time each week? or do you just let it all fall into place each week?
My day starts at 6.15am.
First job of the morning is to let out some of the liveries and then feed everyone in the stables.
7am is breakfast for everyone and then it’s lunch making and getting ready to go to work.
I get to work at 8.30am, I only have 6 more days left with my class before we finish up for the summer.
I get home from work about 2pm, have some quick lunch and go collect Sid from school. This has been my view for the school year. Today then we went to get his hair cut and his lunch.
Then it was time to change my clothes and head outside to do some jobs, tackle some weeds and feed horses again and bring back in liveries.
After our yard work it was in the make dinner for everyone and then the horrible clean up after the dinner. How does it get so messy?
Before it was bed time for Sid I wrote a blog post and swept the floors.
Sid went to bed at 8.00pm and I went for a bath, repainted my toenails and relaxed.
And I am ending my day with my book and a coffee and will head to bed about 10.30pm.
How do you spend your day?
- That the weeks and days slow down the closer to the summer break we get.
- That I needed a distraction for this month and went and found myself one.
- That there is nothing nicer than a bunch of fresh flowers and clean windows.
- I am really looking forward to a few days away.
- That I have a lot to do for the next month in work.
- That Instagram stories are a scary place to show your face.
- That blogging everyday is hard but we are on day 4 today, that’s a new record for me.
So that was this week a simple one, what did you learn this week ?
” will we remember being little when we are big ? ” this was a question I was asked in school this week and it got me thinking. How much do we remember from before 4yrs old ? For me I have two very vivid memories from before I started school.
The first is being in my cot, I was able to stand and had an all in one sleep suit on me. My dad had a shaving set with a razor you put together each time you used it and he left it on the shelf right beside my cot. I of course managed to open it and I took out the blades and cut both my hands, I can still see the cuts in my mind and my dad lifting me out of my cot to clean up my hands.
The next very vivid memory I have is the one that started my life long obsession with horses. I remember one Christmas getting a ride on plastic horse. It was grey and white with red wheels and red handles at its ears to hold onto. It’s plastic mane and tail were black and so was the saddle. I called it number 7 after the donkey in grizzly Adams, a programme I loved. I was mad about this toy and spend hours on it till I eventually wore the wheels out and was totally heart broken when I couldn’t ride it anymore. I had to wait till I was 21 to get a real one and have never been without one since.
I am amazed how vivid I still remember these events when at times now I might not remember what I did yesterday.
Do you have any memories like this ? Leave a comment and let me know what they are I would love to hear yours.
I decided to continue the getting to know me theme from yesterday and give you ten facts about me. I had thought I was a pretty normal person till I wrote these down today and now I see I might have some little issues.
- I always try to buy a book that no one else has looked through in a shop because if I think someone has I wouldn’t buy it. I like my books to be new and never opened when I get them or I wouldn’t read it.
- I am the same with magazines, I get all mine online and hide them until I have finished reading them.
- I am Coeliac, have Endometriosis and a kidney stone at this very moment.
- I am happy when I have my horses and can take a walk on a beach.
- I have a soft spot for mugs, stationary and books.
- I hate melon and salmon but would eat just about everything else.
- My bed at night needs to be wrinkle free and tucked in at the bottom.
- If you wake me from my sleep or disturb me you will see my full temper, its possibly one of the only things that makes me really cranky.
- I am normally in the one mood all the time but if you cross me I don’t forgive easy if at all.
- I work hard but always have more to do than I have time for.
So there they are ten random facts about me that make me see I have sleep and book issues.
That post two done, we are really on a roll or is it a little early in the month to say that ? I am hoping you will all come follow me on my Instagram for my challenge and see what else I get up to during the day.
Do you suffer with any of the same weird issues I have ? leave them in the comments below.
- Coffee and a book are a good combination.
- The best thing in the world is getting my nails done and hair done.
- It’s just not warm enough yet.
- That catching up on sleep can make you feel a lot more tired.
- That I need to eat all the junk I have that’s gluten free in the house and then cut it out again, my clothes are getting tight !.
- That the latest, designer jeans are not always that comfy.
- It’s good to turn off all distractions and watch a good movie.
What did you learn this week ? If you would like to see what I do during my week come follow my Snapchat @ elaineslife.