Today I want to share a hashtag on Instagram that I am loving and it’s #gothictonic . The photos in this tag are moody, dark and beautiful all at the same time, some look more like old oil paintings than photos. This is the second photo I am going to use this hashtag with the first one was this.
Have a look at the hashtag on Instagram and let me know what you think.
Last week we ran out of milk and had none from breakfast so I went to one of our local supermarkets, they were giving out free bunches of flowers to everyone doing their shopping, it brightened my morning and my kitchen, over a week later and they are still going strong. Their golden colours brighten my kitchen on grey summer days like today.
The highlight of my morning is my breakfast, I love having time to enjoy it. I normally try to take nearly an hour for breakfast, having porridge everyday, a bucket of coffee and something to read.
- There is no place like home.
- That all those little things that bug you about your home can start to be sorted when you don’t have to go to work 5 days a week.
- That it was very hard to work 34 days straight with only an hour or two on a Sunday afternoon off.
- That you will work harder at home and do longer hours but it’s so nice.
- That M&S do the most comfy bras I have ever worn.
- That I miss blogging everyday and might just start again next week
What have you learned this week ?
My day starts at 6.15am.
First job of the morning is to let out some of the liveries and then feed everyone in the stables.
7am is breakfast for everyone and then it’s lunch making and getting ready to go to work.
I get to work at 8.30am, I only have 6 more days left with my class before we finish up for the summer.
I get home from work about 2pm, have some quick lunch and go collect Sid from school. This has been my view for the school year. Today then we went to get his hair cut and his lunch.
Then it was time to change my clothes and head outside to do some jobs, tackle some weeds and feed horses again and bring back in liveries.
After our yard work it was in the make dinner for everyone and then the horrible clean up after the dinner. How does it get so messy?
Before it was bed time for Sid I wrote a blog post and swept the floors.
Sid went to bed at 8.00pm and I went for a bath, repainted my toenails and relaxed.
And I am ending my day with my book and a coffee and will head to bed about 10.30pm.
How do you spend your day?
- That even three days away is enough of a break to de stress.
- Who ever invented a double bed was just mad.
- That myself and the farmer can not sleep in a double bed we don’t have enough room !
- I only have 3 more weeks till I am off for the summer.
- That everyone should get measured for their Bra’s because to wear one that fits you properly is just heavenly.
- That I am a size bigger than I thought, which explains why I was always uncomfortable.
- Everyone should ring their broadband and tv provider every so often because you will nearly always come away with a better deal or service.
- Birkinstock sandels are a little more expensive than your average ones but once they are worn in they are so comfy.
- The tasty parlour do really tasty gluten free cakes and sweet treats and they are a Wexford based company.
- I am really enjoying blogging everyday.
So there is my week, how was yours ? What did you learn ?
For me this is what my Saturdays are:
- Getting a lie in till maybe 7.30am
- Having time over breakfast
- Getting some much needed housework done
- A day full of horses
- Not having to make dinner most Saturdays
- Taking time to sit with Sid and watch the Saturday night movie
- Having a coffee and a treat with either a movie or book when Sid is in bed ( tonight it’s a cadbury crunchie ice cream and coffee)
- Staying up later than normal because I can have a lie in tomorrow morning.
So there is a typical Saturday for me, how was your Saturday?