- That it’s still a little too warm for the woolly jumpers yet, still sweating in work when I have one on.
- That Gluten free apple crumble is just as good as one with normal flour.
- That life has gotten in the way of blogging this week.
- That Autumn is still one of my favourite times of year.
- I learned this week about an inspiring Danish fashion labeln called Carcel , Carcel means prison in Spanish and that’s exactly where their beautiful knitwear comes from. Women in prison in Peru for various crimes knit all their items, you can read their stories on the website, the knitwear is really gorgeous but way too expensive for me I am afraid.
- If you also like Autumn then here are some Instagram hashtags to check out full of beautiful Autumn inspiration : #savouringtheseasons , #embracingtheseasons , #aslowmoment , #thisismykingdom , #lovelifeoutside , #slowautumndays , #upandautumn , #mystoryofautumn , #myodetoautumn , #openuptoautumn .
Have a good week everyone !
- It’s a dogs life ! This is my shadow who follows me everywhere she can and most mornings sneaks upstairs for a snuggle.
- That the old ways are still the best sometimes, like leaving Sids porridge out on the window sill to cool down because he is STARVING as he is always telling me.
- That its good to meet up with family and friends you haven’t seen in years and just catch up.
- That if you get an invite to one wedding in a year you will get an invite to ten.
- That its just too warm at the moment for porridge for me.
- That when the farmers are spreading slurry I need a room that they can leave all their clothes and boots in and get a wash before they come into the house !. The slight smell of slurry in the house is not pleasant.
- That this years potatoes haven’t reached that burst open dryness yet and they are still really expensive.
- That you can be a tourist and have a lovely day away less than two hours from home if you set your mind to it.
- That my gluten free cornflakes has so much more added sugar than just normal cornflakes, which I don’t understand.
- That the best cup of tea I have had in a cafe in ages and the best gluten free scone I have ever had I got in a little cafe in Kilkenny just across the street from Kytelers Inn in the city. The scone beat the ones I get in Avoca hands down! and the farmer said their normal scones were amazing and only 4.95 for tea/coffee and a scone.
So there is what I have learned this week, how has your week been?
- I learned yesterday how to to take moody photos like the one of Sid above.
- I learned that its really nice to meet people you know for years online off line.
- That I have an idea for something floating around in my head for a while and maybe I should start seeing can I get it into action.
- I learned that if you work hard enough anything is possible after a really nice email from my editor.
- I learned that the only way to stop having to go everyday to the shop is to do a really good weekly food shop, only had to go for milk and read once this week.
- I had thought all my hormonal issues were easing up the last few months but no it hit with force again this month.
- I learned that the only way I can have a productive week is to use my planning by three.
- I also learned that even when I have it all planned and have the best intentions there are times when I just won’t get it all done.
- That we need to just stop and make the most of time when we are off from work, myself and Sid decided on Wednesday to just head to the beach and we had a great time.
- That I would read a lot of books if I didn’t have to work.
What did you learn this week?
- There is no place like home.
- That all those little things that bug you about your home can start to be sorted when you don’t have to go to work 5 days a week.
- That it was very hard to work 34 days straight with only an hour or two on a Sunday afternoon off.
- That you will work harder at home and do longer hours but it’s so nice.
- That M&S do the most comfy bras I have ever worn.
- That I miss blogging everyday and might just start again next week
What have you learned this week ?
- That it doesn’t get any easier to say goodbye to my class of kids at the end of each school year.
- That the last two weeks of school are the longest of the year.
- That if you work hard eventually things fall into place.
- I tried sheep’s yogurt today from Velvet Cloud today and its a lot nicer than cows milk Yogurt.
- That I really hate doing training days but they have to be done.
- That trying to come up with dinner ideas for the farmers this time of year is hard work because they are all done work at different times and most days lately it’s way too warm to make a big dinner.
- That I need to start making my summer plan of things I want to get done so my days/weeks off don’t just drift by.
- I really need to clean my car out.
- That if you ring your providers of internet/sky you can get some really good deals from them.
What did you learn this week?